Since I am up to my ears in projects at the moment, I'll hold off on blogging about college. Suffice it to say that I am blessed to have fantastic friends, that I have some surprisingly good classes, and that I am involved in perhaps one too many activities.
I am going to take a page out of some of the other WOYWW bloggers' books and do a quick rundown of all the clutter on my desk. But first, an interruption by the most appropriate quote I can think of at the moment...
A clean desk is the sign of an empty mind.(I've heard this quote assigned to Albert Einstein, but apparently no one knows who really came up with it.
- 5 subject notebook, opened to my Literature course Hero and Quest. I am delaying on an essay in that class by writing this blog post instead. As we all know, writing blog posts about the contents of one's desk is a higher form of literature than writing a concise paper on the difference between knowledge and wisdom as presented in Diotima.
- Math. I'm taking Baby Calculus this semester (Big Kid Calc is the killer 5 credit hour class) and I also have homework due in that class.
- Tristan and Isuelt and the corner of The Forest People. More class readings.
- My sketchbook which holds sketches for Color Theory and two design courses. I've been spending a lot of time in Adobe Creative Suite lately.
- A paint palette, which is drying so that I can clean it and use it tomorrow.
- Half-braided copper wire for a bridal circlet I am working on.
- Pliers and chainmaille supplies for some consignment work I am doing.
- The mouse for my laptop. I forgot to bring my mouse to my internship today, and I also forgot to bring my Wacom tablet. It's hard to do design work with a trackpad! But everyone was pleased with the work I did, so I've still got a bit of a high from that.
- Last night's tea.
- A birthday card.
- Pictures of my lovely family.
- Packing tape which never made it back out into my box of mailing supplies. This weekend I mailed out SEVEN orders, and two of them were international sales!
- A to-do list on a post it note.
Some more sneak peeks into the art and jewelry work I've been up to:
|From my Instagram-- a very early morning (before the cafeteria opened!) eating breakfast and doing design work before heading to a very early morning class.|
|Another Instagram shot-- this was taken at approximately one in the morning. Color theory homework. I promise that I actually do sleep sometimes. :)|
|More from Instagram-- a custom etched necklace that went out in the mail not too long ago.|
These are a few more of the jewelry pieces I made recently-- all custom work. :) Yes I am just digging through my camera card to find some pictures to share! Most of the pictures I've taken recently have been of friends and events here on campus!
|These are handstamped metal quote pieces that later had leather and silk ribbons threaded through to make bracelets.|
And for good measure, here's a shot of my Color Theory sketchbook. I am really enjoying this class despite it being one of the most difficult art classes I've ever taken! There is so much analytic thought that can go into art-- even more than I ever imagined!
That's all for today, folks. I look forward to taking a peek at other artists' workdesks throughout this week!